Mean Time Before Failure Report
The intent of this report is to provide our customers with data that substantiates the calculated long term reliability of the products manufactured by UltraVolt, Inc.
An MTBF analysis has been performed upon the 2AA12-N4 power supply based upon the factors enumerated below:
· Failure rates from MIL HDBK 217F, Notice 2
· A series reliability model
· Redundant paths do exist and would indicate a significant increase in actual reliability although not evident with MTBF
· GB, GF, and GM environments at a temperatures of 21, 55 and 65 degrees Centigrade
· Actual power dissipation and electrical stresses
· Components stressed at less than 10% are taken at 10%
· Failure Modes derived from Failure Mode/Mechanism Distributions (RADC) were utilized in the calculations and indicated with the acronym (FM) to factor the failure rate for modes which adversely affect the power supply
· Several components are used in the standard assemblies but are not used for the operation of this power supply, such components are labeled (NU), minimal failure rates are taken from MIL HDBK 217 for that part type
Calculations were done on nine environments; ground benign, fixed and mobile at 3 temperatures, 21°, 55°, and 65°C and are summarized as follows:
This report is issued for general sales use and has been edited to maintain UltraVolt's corporate policy on confidential information. Full reports are maintained at UltraVolt in the Quality files.